Botanical Name: Salvia Sclarea
Country of Origin: France
Processing Method: Steam Distillation
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Clary Sage EO is steam distilled from the leaves and flowers of this short perennial herb. It is a middle note which has a fresh, earthy & floral aroma that is slightly herbaceous. The oil has a cooling effect and emits a soothing aroma.
Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile German, Chamomile Roman, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Orange, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Ylang-ylang.
Properties & Benefits:
- Pain reliever - helps ease headaches, back pains, muscle stiffness, sore muscles & menstrual cramps.
- Antimicrobial & Antiseptic - Commonly used in cleansing wounds to prevent further inflammation & infection.
- Helps control oil production on the skin, beneficial for those with acne problems
- Its soothing aroma helps calm down nerves and ease stress & anxiety.
- Massage Oils
- Pain Relief Rubs & Balms
- Body Sprays, Deodorants & Perfumes
- Hair Cleansers & Treatments (Shampoos, Conditioners, Hair Oils, Hair Growers)
- Facial Cleansers & Toners
- Home Scenting (Oil Diffusers, Aroma Burners, Reed Diffusers, Room Sprays)
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep oil in tightly sealed glass container at all times.
- For best results, use up or mix into new finished product within 6 months of purchase.
- Always use in dilution.
- Do a patch test prior to use to check for allergic reactions.
- Do a small batch test before large scale manufacturing of consumer products using this oil.
- This product is NOT edible and should not be ingested.
- Keep away from children's reach.