Botanical Name: Cymbopogon Flexuosus
Our Lemongrass Essential Oil is distilled from locally grown lemongrass plants. Our supply comes from a non-profit organization who creates livelihood projects in different areas in Negros, through the assistance of generous organizations such as private businesses and embassies.
Lemongrass EO has a strong but fresh citrusy, earthy scent.
- Known for its invigorating and antiseptic properties, it can be added to facial toners as its astringent properties help fight acne and greasy skin.
- As an anti-depressant, it fortifies the nervous system and can be used in bath for soothing muscular nerves and pain.
- Lemongrass shares similar properties with citronella and has a great reputation for keeping insects and mosquitoes away.
- This EO can be added on lotions, creams, soaps, massage oils, balms, diffusers and other home scenting & cleaning products.
- Avoid in glaucoma and with children. Use caution in prostatic hyperplasia and with skin hypersensitivity or damaged skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- The oil should be diluted with a carrier oil before use and may cause irritation to individuals with sensitive skin.
- Always do a skin test on finished products containing this, and a test batch of products before proceeding with larger scale production.
- From experience, pure Lemongrass EOs tend to "eat up" or corrode plastic PET and PP bottles and has the same effect when spilled on painted wood furnishings. We advise utmost care in handling this product.
- This product is NOT edible and should not be ingested.
- Keep away from children's reach.
- If product gets into contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with water and seek medical attention.
- Keep oil contained in sealed, dark glass bottles and store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
- For best results, use up or mix into new finished product within 6 months of purchase.