Ten years and 8,000 bars later, Mia is ready to teach YOU how to make Castile Soaps!
Join us and learn from seasoned soap artisan Mia Rocha Lauchengco of So True Naturals, who has been mindfully creating Castile Soaps in small batches since 2007. Mia initially made these soaps from her own kitchen solely for her own babies, who had extra sensitive skin. However as popularity and demand for the homemade Castile Soaps grew, her soapmaking hobby eventually transformed into the business that we now know as So True Naturals. Today, the So True brand enjoys a successful following of loyal customers, and supplies to stockists worldwide.
Experience the joy of creating your own soaps in this superb collaboration between ISLAS Aromatics & So True Naturals. Unlock new skills and let your creative juices flow in making the purest, prettiest, most gentle Castile Soaps, as we provide you the best teacher and give access to an indulgent buffet of premium raw materials.
At this workshop you will:
- learn about the different soap making oils’ properties
- learn how to formulate your own soap recipes
- learn how to calculate a formula based on the size of your mold
- learn basic soap design tips and tricks
- know where to get your ingredients and raw materials
- watch a Castile soap making demo
- get your hands dirty and make your own basic Castile soap
- access ISLAS' indulgent spread of essential oils, phthalate free fragrance oils, clays, herbs & extracts, to be used in your soap creation
- formulate your own soap recipe, and make it at the workshop!
The workshop fee includes:
- All basic ingredients
- Use of the equipment you will need to make two (2) loaves of soap
- A delicious, hearty lunch.
After this workshop, you will go home with:
- The soap you made
- An information booklet
- An exclusive ISLAS notebook & pen to record your awesome recipes and formulas
- Access to DISCOUNT CODES for use in purchasing raw materials in the ISLAS website
- Access to a private Facebook group where we can discuss whatever questions you might have about making soap, or even starting your own soap business!
- 12 January 2019 - Tom N Toms Coffee, Julia Vargas, Pasig - 10am to 1:30pm
- 9 February 2019 - Trion Towers, BGC - 10am to 1:30pm
- 16 March 2019 - Mini Social Hall at The Park, Narra Street, Valle Verde 3, Pasig City - 10am to 1:30pm
- 13 April 2019 - Alabang Hills, Muntinlupa - 9am to 12:30pm
We offer only limited seats per class so register & settle ahead to secure your slot!