Botanical Name: Melaleuca Alternifolia
Main Constituents: Terpinen-4-ol: 42.27%, 1,8 Cineol: 2.39%
Processing Method: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: Australia
Tea Tree EO is steam distilled from the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia plants that grow in Australia. It has a fresh aroma that is woody & camphoraceous. It has a thin consistency and the oil's color is clear to pale yellow.
Tea Tree Oil is a very popular antibacterial and anti-fungal agent, making it a common choice to use as active ingredient for skin & body care products. This product can be used in:
- Hair Care & Treatments
- Skin Care (to soothe sunburns & insect bites, heal acne & warts)
- Foot Care (athlete's foot & other fungal infections)
- Balms & Salves
- Lotions & Creams
- Home Cleaners (as air deodorizer, carpet cleaner, surface cleaner)
- The oil should always be diluted before use and may cause irritation to individuals with sensitive skin.
- Always do a skin test on finished products containing this oil and a test batch of products before proceeding with larger scale production.
- This product is NOT edible and should not be ingested.
- Keep away from children's reach.
- If product gets into contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with water and seek medical attention.
- Keep oil contained in sealed, dark glass bottles and store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
- For best results, use up or mix into new finished product within 6 months of purchase.