Join seasoned soap artisan Mia Rocha Lauchengco of So True Naturals, as she shares with you the art of making beautiful Castile soaps gentle enough to be used by everyone in the family.
Experience the joy of concocting and creating, as we provide you with the best teacher and give access to an indulgent buffet of premium raw materials provided by ISLAS Aromatics.
At this workshop you will:
- learn about the different soap making oils’ properties
- learn how to formulate your own soap recipes
- learn how to calculate a formula based on the size of your mold
- learn basic soap design tips and tricks
- know where to get your ingredients and raw materials
- watch a Castile soap making demo
- get your hands dirty and make your own basic Castile soap
- access ISLAS' indulgent spread of essential oils, phthalate free fragrance oils, clays, herbs & extracts, to be used in your soap creation
- formulate your own soap recipe, and make it at the workshop!
The workshop fee includes:
- All basic ingredients
- Use of the equipment you will need to make two (2) loaves of soap
- Delicious snacks or hearty lunch, as indicated by each schedule
After this workshop, you will go home with:
- The 2 batches of soap you made
- An information booklet
- Access to a private Facebook group where we can discuss whatever questions you might have about making soap, or even starting your own soap business!
- Workshop attendees must be 16 years old or older. Younger attendees may be allowed on a case-to-case basis and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Waiting area for companions will be outside the venue.
Slots are limited and fees are non-refundable, but they may be applied to another workshop date organized by So True Naturals.
CASTILE BAR SOAPMAKING SCHEDULE
- 28 March 2020 (Saturday) // TBA (Pasig or White Plains area) // inclusive of lunch & refreshments