Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
Country of Origin: Calabria, Italy
Processing Method: Cold Pressed
- Limonene: 40.47%
- Linalyl acetate: 26.79%
- Linalool: 10.78%
Plant Part: Fruit Peel
In this variety, the bergaptene content which causes photosensitivity has been removed. This allows the Bergamot to be used in skin and hair care formulations without concern for phototoxicity after exposure to the sun.
- Light yellowish green to yellowish brown with a thin consistency characteristic of most citrus essential oils.
- Aroma is citrus and fruity whilst being a little warm, spicy plus floral undertone.
- Middle note with medium strength.
- Always use in dilution and can be mixed into preparations for massage oils, balms, creams, lotions, soaps and other bath, body & home scenting products.
- BERGAPTENE FREE means that Bergaptene content, which causes photosensitivity has been removed. (Photosensitivity occurs when a substance or chemical absorbs ultraviolet light and initiates a reaction to the skin, usually in the form of redness, discoloration and blistering, among others). Bergaptene Free Bergamot can be used in skin & hair formulas without fear of reactions and sensitivity caused by phototoxicity after sun exposure.
- Blends well with: Pepper Black, Frankincense, Jasmine, Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang.
Cautions: Always dilute the product as it may cause irritation to individuals with sensitive skin. Do a skin patch test and a test batch prior to large scale production.
Storage: Keep oil contained in dark glass bottles and store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
This product is NOT edible and should not be ingested. Keep away from children's reach. If product gets into contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with water and seek medical attention.