Botanical Name: Andropogon nardus
Country of Origin: Indonesia
This variant of Citronella Java EO is steam distilled from the leaves of the Citronella plants that grow in Indonesia. It is a light yellow to brownish liquid with a thin consistency. It has a citrusy lemon scent with light wood undertone. When mixed with other EOs of FOs, it comes out as a top note with a medium aroma.
Citronella is commonly mixed with Bergamot, Orange, Cedarwood, Lemon, Lavender and Pine EOs.
Common Uses & Benefits:
- Antiseptic - prevents infections caused by wounds; added as an active ingredient in soaps, household cleaners and detergents
- Anti-fungal - kills fungus and prevents regrowth of fungus on skin;
- Anti-Mosquito - kills and prevents mosquitoes, lice & fleas;
- Can be mixed into preparations for body oils, balms, lotions, diffusers, soaps and other home scenting products.
- Always dilute the product as it may cause irritation to individuals with sensitive skin.
- Do a skin patch test and a test batch prior to large scale production.
Storage: Keep oil contained in dark glass bottles and store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. For best results, use up or mix into new finished product within 6 months of purchase.
This product is NOT edible and should not be ingested. Keep away from children's reach. If product gets into contact with eyes, wash thoroughly with water and seek medical attention.
I’ve been looking for Citronella Oil that blends well with the other scent. This one is another ✔️ on our list!
i find this very useful especially when i'm having anxiety attack