Country of Origin: Taiwan
Lye is the most basic raw material needed in making bar soaps. This is a very active form of salt and should be handled with utmost care.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT EDIBLE. PLEASE DO NOT INGEST.
- Never touch lye with bare hands. Make sure to use protective gloves in order to avoid contact with lye.
- Use protective goggles, gloves and face mask when mixing lye into water.
- Store lye in a tightly sealed, thick plastic container (PP material recommended) to prevent it from absorbing moisture in the air. Absorbing moisture while being stored reduces the lye's effectivity and may result in soaps that will not harden.
- Store in a cabinet away from children's reach.
- Properly label your lye container and store away from food ingredients.
- For best results, use up lye within six months of purchase.