Botanical Name: Pelargonium Graveolens
Main Constituents: Citronellol: 37% and Geraniol: 19%
Plant Part: Leaves & Flowers
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
A thin, pale yellow to greenish yellow liquid. Geranium EO is middle note with a powerfully sweet, floral aroma. It is stronger than Rose Geranium which has softer scent.
Therapeutic Properties & Benefits:
- Detoxifier - Geranium EO's diuretic effect aids the body in eliminating excess water
- Natural Antidepressant - the calming & uplifting aroma of this EO helps reduce anxiety and restlesness in both children and adults.
- Balances sebum secretion on scalp, aiding in treatment of dandruff
- Skin Toner - the oil is balancing and has antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties to help control acne. It also soothes dry, inflamed skin and helps reduce appearance of wrinkles, scars and blemishes.
- Bath Oil
- Massage & Body Oils
- Balms, Rubs & Liniments
- Facial Toners
- Hair Products (Treatments, Shampoos & Conditioners)
- Lotions & Creams
- Home Scenting (Diffusers, Burners, Reeds, Room Sprays)
- Soy & Beeswax Candles
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Neroli and Nutmeg.
- Always use in dilution with a base or carrier.
- DO NOT INGEST. This product is for external use only.
- To ensure non-irritation in finished products, do a skin test first and create a small test batch prior to large scale production.
- Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage & Shelf Life:
- Keep oil contained in dark glass bottles and store away from direct sunlight and changing temperatures.
- Tightly seal the bottle at all times to avoid contamination.
- For best results, use up or mix into new product within 6 months of purchase.