- Clays are 100% natural additives that are derived from the earth. They are rich in nutrients, minerals & metals, which purify and detoxify the skin;
- The natural color of clays are transferred to whatever product they are mixed to, acting as a natural dye.
- Botanical Extracts are additives which are derived from a source plant and converted into powder form.
- They are 100% natural;
- They are excellent ingredients to provide skin & hair benefits and boost overall product quality;
- They are a rich source of vitamins and anti-oxidants, great for use with facial cleansers, toners, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, rinses, and other skin & hair care products;
- Also used as a natural tint to add color to products.
- Suggested usage rate is 0.5% - 2% by weight of the product.
- For use as TINCTURE, add the extract first into a suitable solvent (distilled water, alcohol or liquid glycerin)
- Add extract during cool down phase of your formulation.
- For shampoos, creams, and other thick products: Mix 5-10 ml of hot water (45˚C – 50˚C; the temperature of the cool down phase) into the powdered extract until it dissolves. Combine this mixture thoroughly into the product.
- For mists, toners, and other products that are almost entirely water, there is no need to dissolve the extract before adding it to the product.