- Lye is a key component of cold process soapmaking. It is mixed with water and oils, and causes saponification.
- Never touch lye with bare hands.
- Keep tightly sealed in a container out of children's reach.
- For CP soapmaking we normally just use Olive Oil and Virgin Coconut Oil, however other oils can also be used, even ones bought in groceries. To make your own soap recipe and find out how much lye you will need, you can visit The Sage and www.soapcalc.net
- Our store sells a variety of silicone molds that can withstand high temperatures, making it perfect for either cold or hot process soapmaking.
- These molds can also be used on other projects like bath bombs, jelly, chocolate, candles and other crafts.
- Some of the molds are BPA free as indicated in each item's description so it's perfect for really any project you have in mind.
- They are all dishwasher safe as well for easy cleanup.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the molds prior to using and making sure to rinse well after each use.