Our VCO comes from coconut trees that grow in Southern Luzon. Virgin Coconut Oil is a preferred base oil and moisturizing component for skin products due to its nourishing properties. The most important component of VCO is LAURIC ACID.
Here are some facts about Virgin Coconut Oil and its difference with the now more popular Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is rich in Lauric Acid, known to fight against bacteria and fungi that causes skin irritations and abnormalities.
- True VCO becomes solid at cooler temperatures.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil is the RBD (refined, bleached & deodorized) version of Virgin Coconut Oil. It goes through more levels of processing to make the product liquid at room temperature, which is beneficial to countries with cooler temperatures. In going through this process though, LAURIC ACID IS REMOVED.
- For bodycare products, VCO is commonly used as base oil for body & massage oils and for hair oil treatments since it nourishes and heals the skin, scalp and hair.
- We'd like to believe that Filipino elders in the provinces who have used VCO regularly on their skin and hair are living proof that VCO helps prevent or slow down whitening of hair and keep skin smooth.
Our Virgin Coconut Oil is first-pressed, export quality and USDA certified. It is the only product we sell that is edible and can be ingested.
Storage & Shelf Life: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Can be refrigerated but put in room temperature prior to use. Keep sealed always. For best results, consume or mix into finished product within 6 months of purchase.